When it comes to the exterior ceiling, aluminum is mostly sought after by homeowners and building owners for its beauty. Available in both plain silver and stamped design options, these tiles are cherished for both their traditional and contemporary looks. There are many design options to choose from or you can have a custom pattern designed to your preferences. Besides their aesthetic versatility, aluminum ceilings offer many other advantages over other alternatives.
1. Lightweight Ceiling Material
Aluminum ceiling gives you the benefit of having a much lighter exterior ceiling for your building or structure. This makes it suitable for not only new buildings, but also for older buildings, old wooden houses, and prefabricated buildings that cannot withstand the heavier weights of other options. The lightweight advantages of aluminum ceilings have also been realized in commercial and public buildings and areas. Aluminum offers a unique combination of lightweight and high strength. You can have ceiling plates or tiles that are much lighter than other materials without comprising on stiffness or strength.
2. Versatility in Shapes
Traditionally, aluminum ceilings were mostly designed to be square. However, recent developments in aluminum alloy processing technology allow the creation of any shape and pattern. They are versatile in different ways including:
- Hollow flowers
You can find aluminum ceilings in styles and shapes of your choice.
3. Ease of Processing
Aluminum is a softer metal and can be more readily processed to create shapes, designs, and styles. It has many design flexibility advantages over other metal options. Some of these properties include:
- Excellent plasticity
- Cold stamping
- Easily bent into stamping molds
- Easy bending
Aluminum, as a material, offers many more advantages. Once installed, the tiles will not change color for a long time. If you choose painted exterior ceiling, they will not easily lose their paint. Besides, this is a low-maintenance material. All it will require is rinsing with water once in a while.
The ceiling tiles also offer excellent resilience to vast temperature changes. Their general proprieties are mostly retained no matter how low or high the temperatures become.
5. Shockproof & Excellent Sound Insulation
Aluminum is shockproof and provides excellent insulation to sound and heat. All these properties make it an excellent ceiling material that needs to stay exposed to the elements.
- Sound Insulation: Aluminum is often considered one of the best sound-insulating performers. Aluminum panels are extensively used for making sound barriers in traffic areas and factories because of their sound absorptive properties.
- Heat Insulation: There are different ways in which your aluminum ceiling can protect your building from heat. It has excellent heat-insulating properties and also reflects up to 96% of the heat radiation. During the summer season, the ceiling will fend off the heat and keep your house interior cool. Aluminum is widely used for the thermal insulation of walls and roofs.
There are many more advantages of investing in aluminum ceilings. They are non-toxic, safe, and fireproof. The burning properties are in accordance with the fire resistance requirements. When you choose aluminum as a building material, you can worry less about fire.
There are many more advantages that make aluminum an excellent material for exterior ceiling. This includes:
- Self-supporting system that doesn’t require additional frames
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Longer durability
Modern aluminum processing technology has made this ceiling option much more cost-effective than ever before. Even when you have to spend a little more, the advantages more than recuperate for the initial cost. You can also have the exterior ceiling disassembled and reinstalled for easier maintenance and construction. If you want to make the most of all these advantages, it is best to choose an aluminum ceiling brand that offers the best in quality.