The furniture is one of the most important aspects of your kitchen. So any custom kitchen renovation project should involve customization of furniture elements. This includes everything from the dining sets to the cabinetry. Here are some helpful tips to make the right choice of dining sets and cabinets when customizing your kitchen.
Choosing the Right Cabinets
You cannot think of having a functional kitchen without the right cabinets. They play a crucial role in making your kitchen well-organized and clutter-free. There are many options to choose from. Consider the following tips when making the right choice:
1. Keep Your Kitchen Style in Mind
Choose a cabinet style that matches your kitchen’s color scheme. The cabinet doors must complement your kitchen’s interior. Small space requires cabinets with space-saving features, such as carousel corner cabinets. The cabinets can easily hide behind traditional doors.
- Consider modern, contemporary, or traditional styles
- Consider your home’s overall style
- Shaker style is a common door style, suited for traditional-styled kitchens
- Flat style cabinets are more suited for modern-styled kitchens
Handle-less cabinets and inset cabinet doors are other popular options to consider.
Solid wood is the most popular material choice and for good reason. It is highly versatile and can work with almost any kitchen style. You can also consider the following material options:
- Stainless steel
3. Consider Functionality
Consider the available space and what functions your cabinets must serve.
- Drawers can be added under the counters of the kitchen
- Consider the type of products that need to be stored
- The cabinets should be suited for your lifestyle
4. Consider the Finish
Your kitchen’s looks can be greatly influenced by the choice of the finish on the cabinets.
- Solid wood helps create a more natural look.
- There are many finishing options including finished, painted, or stained solid wood.
- Decorative finishes include crackle, glazing, and distressing.
- Lighter cabinets are easier to clean, as they can hide dirt better than darker colors.
Choosing the Right Dining Sets
When it comes to choosing the perfect dining sets for your custom kitchen design, you will be lucky if you come across something that fits perfectly into the setting. However, that is very rare. Most of the time you will either have to make changes to a dining set or create something from the ground up. The following tips should help you make the right choice of furniture for your custom kitchen:
- If you need more space and want to host parties, consider a dining table with expandable leaves. Choose wooden designs because glass doesn’t work with this design.
- Consider the style of your kitchen and home. If you like to mix the styles together, you may choose any design of your choice. Else, stick to matching the existing style to create a uniform effect.
- When it comes to the choice of material, oak is known for its durability, wide range of colors, and quality. It has a more rustic appeal to it. Mahogany is great for carving work, pale wood resists shrinking and swelling and has a rustic appeal to it.
Maple wood is great for your kitchen floor. It has excellent shock resistance. You may also consider it for your dining set because of its even grain and great texture.
When choosing the perfect dining set, cabinetry, or other furniture pieces for your custom kitchen, you should lay all the emphasis on quality, functionality, and aesthetics. While you have all the freedom to choose a design, color, and style of your choice, the transition in style and theme from another room to your kitchen shouldn’t be shocking. It will be best to make the transition subtle and complementing, if possible.