3 Ideas to Clean Up Mold In Your Home
Mold can be found almost anywhere, but one of the most common places it’s found is in your home. Mold grows on anything moist or wet and can cause serious health problems that you may not even know about. When mold is removed from your home, you’ll notice a difference in air quality and smell almost immediately!
- Clean Wet and Dank Area
Dirty, wet areas of your home can be hard to clean and keep up with. But the importance of keeping these areas as clean as possible cannot be overstated. Areas like kitchens, bathrooms, basements and crawl spaces are all important for health reasons but also to maintain a healthy living space that is free from mold and other harmful bacteria or fungi. The following are some ways in which you can ensure you are getting rid of any dirt or grime that may have accumulated on these surfaces:
-Using bleach wipes to remove stains
-Keeping floors dry by using a wet mop or towel
-Cleaning up spills right away so they don’t leave behind smudges or residue
- Reduce Humidity
The importance of reducing humidity in the house is to prevent mold and mildew growth. The first step is to reduce the humidity level below 50%. When it is this high, condensation can form on surfaces such as windows, walls, or ceilings. This causes water droplets to collect on these surfaces which then lead to mold and mildew growth.
In order for a home’s occupants to avoid developing respiratory problems from breathing in too many mold spores, they should have an air conditioner installed with a dehumidifier feature that will remove up to 2 gallons of moisture per hour if needed.
- Limit Condensation
The house limit condensation is important in the home because it can be a major cause of wood rot. Wood rot can lead to structural damage and other issues that will cost much more to fix than if you had done something about it sooner. Frosty windows in the morning and condensation on your shower door are signs of a damp house. These two factors can lead to mold, mildew, and other issues that will make you sick. You may not even notice it happening until it’s too late because there are warning signs that you need to be aware of. Here are some ways to tell if your home is at risk for moisture intrusion:
-If you have ever had black or brown spots on walls or ceilings
-Areas where paint has peeled off from the surface over time; this could indicate water damage from a leaky roof or pipes under the sink
-Doors and windows show signs of rot around their edges; this could indicate they were exposed to mold
There are many different ways to remove this condensation, such as using an exhaust fan, but there are also some things you can do yourself. One way is by installing a dehumidifier which removes moisture from the air quickly and efficiently.
Nowadays, we are more proactive when looking for signs of discoloration on walls as these can be early warning signals of future problems. One way to ensure that your house is safe and free from mold is to seek advance advice from experienced professionals at moldremovalorlando.co.