Piling is one of the best techniques to provide essential support for any construction. Wherever there is the presence of soil at the construction site that cannot support the necessary weight for the building at a not-so-deep depth, this technique gets used. In this scenario, the piling method helps to set deep foundations which support the construction in an ideal way. Therefore, it is essential to pick the right piling contractor with the right equipment set and a skilled workforce to launch the structure. Using continuous flight auger (CFA) piling is efficient and proves beneficial.
In this blog, we will understand the benefits of piling contractors and then talk about continuous flight auger (CFA) piling.
Benefits Of Piling Contractor
- Piling contractors will put a full stop to your fears about safety concerns. They will ensure the foundations of your construction are safe and secure carries out the work with high-quality standards.
- Infrastructure projects gain assurance with pile testing. The piling process sends a positive vibe of security across all stakeholders involved in infrastructure projects to go with the project. Piling ensures the quality of the foundation and structure built upon it.
- Materials selected to suit the best. The piling contractor will never compromise material quality and will insist on quality material to bring quality construction.
- Compliance fulfillment. When you involve a professional piling contractor, you ensure compliance with legal demands. This appointment safeguards you from any liability due to damage to the structure.
One of the tools used by the piling contractor is the continuous flight auger (CFA) piling.
Let’s get to know more about it.
What Is A Continuous Flight Auger (CFA)
The CFA comprises a helical auger similar to the household screw. It extracts the soil once drilled onto the ground through a circular motion to extract soil. Once done with the extraction of ground, concrete gets injected with high pressure via a hollow central stem, fed slowly while the auger gets removed.
Advantages Of CFA
- Minimum vibration levels
- Lower Noise levels
Disadvantages Of CFA
- Installation takes eight weeks and is expensive.
- Contaminated soil may slow down your projects as it needs to be attended to on priority before the actual work commences.
- Underwater piling may be challenging without the installation of steel casings. There is always a risk of collapsing the pile bore. The process also demands long piles than driven, resulting in more prolonged continuous noise exposure.
- CFA piling requires more construction traffic.
Piling is essential for any construction, wherever the site’s land has soil. The main objective of piling is to guarantee the site’s/land’s safety and strength before anything gets constructed on it. It’s necessary to appoint a piling contractor having the proper instruments and skilled team for good piling work. It takes out your hassle in many ways.
A continuous flight auger (CFA) is vital in modern-day piling work. Though it has its own advantages and disadvantages, it helps to get the work done efficiently. Piling ensures your structure is built on a strong foundation.