Pest infestation is not something to be taken for granted. While pests are known to be carriers of diseases, rodents and termites can cause structural damage to properties. Just because you believe that you have a pest problem doesn’t mean you need an exterminator right away. In this post, we are sharing a few scenarios when calling a local pest control service is a good idea.
- When you find pests in plain sight. If you start seeing rodents, roaches, termites in the house, you should know that the extent of infestation is huge. Most pests thrive at night, so by the time you spot them everywhere, the situation is worse than you imagine.
- When home remedies most work. There’s no harm in trying ready-to-use pest control products and DIY remedies. If you don’t see any change in the situation, get an exterminator for the job. Hacks and home remedies do not really resolve the problem in most cases.
- When you fear for the safety of your family. One of the key reasons why you may want to call an exterminator is your family’s safety. In case you have kids, older parents, or pets at home, you need to be even more cautious. Some pests can trigger allergies, so keep an eye for the symptoms and signs.
- When you are dealing with specific pests. Not all insects and pests are the same, and some are hard to get rid of. For example, if you have bed bugs at home, you need something like heat treatment, and this can be done professionally by an exterminator. When you don’t know the solution, get an expert for the job.
- When you have more than one problem at hand. If you have termites, bed bugs, and roaches in the house, you shouldn’t be relying on home remedies. Consider calling an exterminator when the situation is unlikely to improve on its own, or you are worried about things getting worse.
Finding an exterminator
Make sure that you call and hire an exterminator you can trust. All pest control companies need to be licensed, insured, and should have necessary accreditations. Hire an exterminator with expertise and good reviews, and make sure that you get an estimate in advance. Most pest control services will offer an inspection and quote for free, and you can discuss other things like warranty for the job and their work profile.
Don’t select an exterminator based on the price alone.